Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 4 Detox Cleanse

Detox day 4 : Was feeling in need of getting more of the toxins out of my body so I could get back to feeling myself again so opted for a long Contrast therapy session.
Morning: Fruit and mint, ginger, hibiscus and rose-hip tea
Afternoon : Soup with beets, onion, garlic, oregano, thyme, celery, kale and Cayenne. Bolied with water and blended.
Evening juiced : Apple, fennel root, celery, ginger, kale, carrot, lemon juice and salt.
Snack: Fruits and veggis. Ate bananas like they were going out of style!
Yoga: Pranayama: prep Kriyas: Kapalabhati and Nauli in the morning followed by a 2hr contrast therapy session where I did the forward folds series with long holds.
Contrast Therapy : A system of detoxifying the whole body while stimulating the blood flow through joints and muscles. You start in a hot room... sauna or steam room atay in the heat for as long as possible then go stand under a cold shower for as long as possible... the colder the better. You repeat back and forth between hot and cold as many times as you wish. Drinking water when needed and really paying attention to your body so as not to over do it.
Note: When doing contrast in the cold water... I find it is easier to start of with slighty warm water than move to cold.... at least for the first round or two :) I also look for a removable shower head so I can isolate the cold to specific areas. This seems to increase the length of will power to stay in the cold water. My ideal would be to jump into the ocean or a cold lake.... but I stay out of chlorinated pools because after opening your pores in the heat the last thing you want to do in jump in chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment